Here is a little exercise you can do anytime and anywhere, especially when you feel you are having a tough day.
- Stop for a moment, sit down if you like - settle yourself and slow your breathing.
- You may wish to close your eyes or hold your hands to your heart.
- Think about what you are grateful for. What are you lucky to have in your life? What do you feel thankful for?
- Finish this sentence “I am grateful for… “
- Focus on what comes to mind, notice how it makes you feel and say it out loud if you wish.