There are things you can do to make yourself feel better. It is OK to laugh and enjoy yourself, even when things are difficult and different.
You could try:
- Getting in touch with someone who makes you smile and staying connected.
- Doing something that helps you laugh and distracts you, and sharing ideas with others.
- Challenging yourself or finding something that absorbs you, this may be learning a new hobby or finishing something you have been meaning to get done around your home.
- Practicing positive thinking. Each day try to notice three things that have gone OK, big or small. You can do this as a family and keep a journal. Get some tips from the Action for Happiness website.
- Helping others by volunteering from home - you can find opportunities on Volunteering Wales.