Public Health Wales plays a key role in the rollout of the Nursing Now Cymru Wales campaign, a three-year global campaign being run in collaboration with the International Council of Nurses and the World Health Organization.
Nursing Now Cymru Wales themes
- Building resilience and promoting wellbeing in our students and registrants.
- Increasing and Improving dissemination of effective and innovative practice in nursing to drive consistency in system wide adoption.
- Strengthening and building leadership and influencing capability at all levels.
- To actively encourage and increase diversity in nursing and midwifery to positively influence inclusion of underrepresented groups promoting social and economic developments.
- Preparing students and supporting nurses and midwives to recognise their role responsibility in contributing to prevention, improving individual and population health outcomes.
These themes align to our Welsh policy context for health and social care, A Healthier Wales and Train Work Live.