Taking part in screening is something you can do to look after your baby’s health.
If your baby’s appointment is at a community clinic, it is really important that you let us know if you will not be attending as we might be able to offer this appointment to someone else.
Keeping you and your baby safe at their appointment
To keep everyone safe at their appointment the following measures are in place:
- Healthcare staff follow infection and prevention control guidance. This means they follow strict hand cleaning routines and clean all clinic areas and equipment regularly.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Attend your appointment on time. If you arrive early you may have to wait. If you are late, we may not be able to screen your baby.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a face covering (mask) when attending your appointment. If you do not have one, you can ask a member of staff for one.
- If you need an interpreter, will attend with a carer or need support at your appointment, please contact us before your appointment to discuss this.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your baby’s screening appointment.
More information about screening and the different tests.
Remember, to stop the spread of infection, do not attend for screening if you are unwell.
Find up to date advice about Coronavirus on the Welsh Government website.