Thank you to everyone who made this years’ event a big success.
Over 800 of you came together for this year’s Welsh Public Health Conference at the International Conference Centre in Newport on 17 and 18 October.
Over two days, participants from across a huge range of different professions and sectors created a fantastic atmosphere and space to experience, think, network, discuss, generate and share solutions to help build a healthier Wales.
The theme this year, ‘Building a healthier Wales, Transforming a nation to create healthier lives’ provided an opportunity for you to focus on the drivers of health and well-being that go beyond health care to contribute to a healthier global community.
WPHC 2019 highlights include:
• Minister for Health and Social Services Vaughan Gething AM, launched the Healthy Weight strategy.
• The IHCC launched the NHS Wales Charter Implementation Toolkit.
• Chris Brown, World Health Organisation, explained the importance of addressing inequity in health and shared some specific ways to address this
• A proactive discussion took place with our speakers Ann Beynon OBE, Professor Laura McAllister, Derek Walker and Cllr Huw David asking is Wales brave enough?
• Chief Medical Officer, Dr Frank Atherton opened day two featuring our brilliant panel session with Rachel Royall, IBM, Mark Palmer, Google, Prof Peter Bradley, Public Health England and Rebecca Campbell, S3 Advertising.
• Dr Andrew Goodall CBE, led our Dragons judging the pitches developed through our day-long Think-a-Thon sessions
• Pupils from Y Pant Comprehensive School joined us once again this year, ensuring the voice of young people was heard loud and clear.
• Spotlight sessions included contributions from Transport for Wales, ARUP, Cardiff University, South Wales Police and WYG amongst many more. We were pleased to hear that we had something for everyone!
• Lightning talks engaged and inspired, ranging from Fresh Air Fridays to Tackling Teenage Inactivity.
• The Life Sciences Hub supported this years’ conference and presented a Spotlight session as our key event partner.
Take a look at the highlights from across the two days in the video and image gallery.
A short post event survey has been sent out via email to attendees, your feedback is valuable so please take the time to complete.
Do you have a suggestion on what you would you like to see at the Welsh Public Health Conference 2020? We would love to hear it!
Please send through to the the communications team.