Under The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000, please may I request the following cancer data for ICD-10 C00-10 and C12-14 in Wales.
• Cancer incidences. Data for each individual year going back as far as your records allow and until the most current completed year.
• Incidence rates. Data for each individual year going back as far as your records allow and until the most current completed year.
• Number of deaths. Data for each individual year going back as far as your records allow and until the most current completed year.
All data to be broken down by the following:
• Total number. Male. Female.
• Age ranges.
• By cancer site (ICD code).
Thank you for your request dated 2nd September 2022.
Please find links to the published data to satisfy most of this request.
The specific cancer groupings that are requested are not routinely reported on, however the data can be downloaded for mortality and incidence and contains counts for each ICD-10 code by sex and age-group. Information you require can be produced by using this publically available data.
Head of Information Governance
Public Health Wales NHS Trust
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner for Wales
Telephone: 029 2067 8400