Who is the head of procurement responsible for approving agency usage for Sterile Services at Public Health Wales?
2. Who is responsible for agency usage (on and off framework) in the Sterile Services/Decontamination department at all hospitals associated with the Trust?
3. Please can you provide the contact number and email address for the manager(s) in questions 1 and 2.
4. Have you used off-framework agency staff between March 2021 - March 2022 in Sterile Services?
5. How much was your Off-Framework agency spend for Sterile Services between August 2021 and August 2022?
6. Do you currently outsource your Sterile Services/Decontamination department, if yes, who do you outsource it to?
Thank you for your recent request dated 17 August 2022
Public Health Wales do not provide sterile services, it is important to note that Public Health Wales is the public health service for Wales and as such is an independent NHS Trust. This is NOT the same as NHS Wales. As an organisation we have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and frequently do not have access to the data that they produce.
I have provided contact details for each Health Board below, I suggest you contact them for the information you require.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
Swansea Bay University Health Board
Hywel Dda University Health Board
Powys Teaching Health Board
Head of Information Governance
Public Health Wales NHS Trust
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner for Wales
Telephone: 029 2067 8400