1. Copy of the relevant statute / regulation confirming that all correspondence addressed to a senior official of a public body are required to be dealt with in line with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, regardless of whether they specifically mention the legislation or not, and
2. Copy of Public Health Wales current protocol for corresponding with the general public.
3. Copy of delegated powers available to you as Head of Information Governance Public Health Wales.
In response to your recent request I can respond as follows:
1. The Freedom of Information Act 2000 can be found at Freedom of Information Act 2000 (legislation.gov.uk)
Further guidance is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office at Guide to freedom of information | ICO
2. PHW does not hold a specific protocol for corresponding with the general public
3. I attach an extract from the PHW Scheme of Delegation which is compiled in line with the organisation’s Standing Orders. You will note there is a reference to the Chief Risk Officer. This person also currently holds the positions of Head of Information Governance and Head of Risk and Assurance.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner for Wales
Telephone: 029 2067 8400