Skip to main content

FOI 2024 036 - Specialist clinicians in tic disorders


Information Requested:

I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information. 


  1. Please tell me the number of clinicians you have working NHS Wales who specialise in tic disorders. 

  • The clinicians must have specialised practice in the three tic disorders set out in the DSM-5-TR:  Tourette’s Syndrome, persistent motor or vocal tics and provisional tic disorder. 

  • I am aware the clinicians may diagnose and treat patients in a variety of sub-speciality roles including, but not limited to, neurology, neuropsychiatry etc. Please include all specialists regardless of the sub-speciality in which they practice. 

  1. Please tell me the clinician(s) start date of employment at NHS Wales. 

  1. If there are currently no specialists working at NHS Wales, please tell me how many you have had working at NHS Wales in the past during the following years: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. 


Information provided for the answer:


Thank you for your request dated 14th February 2024. 

Public Health Wales do not hold this information. 

Public Health Wales is the public health service for Wales and as such is an independent NHS Trust. Therefore, do not have access to this information. As an organisation we have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and other NHS Wales organisations. This means we frequently do not have access to the data that they produce.  I have provided contact details for all the health boards and NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership below, you would need to contact them individually for the information they hold.  

Aneurin Bevan University Health Board 

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board 

Cardiff and Vale University Health Board  

Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board 

Swansea Bay University Health Board 

Hywel Dda University Health Board 

Powys Teaching Health Board 

Velindre University NHS Trust 

Making a FOI request - Velindre University NHS Trust 

NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership  

Making a Freedom of Information Request - NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership 


I am very sorry we are unable to help on this occasion. 


If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner for Wales
2nd Floor
Churchill House
Churchill Way
CF10 2HH

Telephone: 029 2067 8400