Skip to main content

FOI 2023 94 - Decontamination


Information Requested:

1. Who is the person in charge for approving agency usage for the Decontamination department at your trust?

2. Who is responsible for agency usage (on and off framework) in the Decontamination department at all hospitals associated with the Trust?

3. If the decontamination service is not managed by the trust, please confirm which company runs your decontamination service. 
4. Please can you provide the contact number and email address for the manager(s) in question 1 and 2.

5. Have you used off-framework agency staff between March 2022 - March 2023 in Decontamination and endoscopy?

6. How much was your Off-Framework agency spend for Decontamination and Endoscopy from March 2022 - March 2023?


Information provided for the answer:

Thank you for your recent request dated 5th July 2023.

Public Health Wales does not operate or require a sterile services/a decontamination unit, and as such we are unable to answer the specific questions in your enquiry. As an organisation Public Health Wales have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and frequently do not have access to the data that they produce.

I have provided contact details for each Health Board below, you would need to contact them individually for the information they hold.

Aneurin Bevan University Health Board

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board

Cardiff and Vale University Health Board

Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board

Swansea Bay University Health Board

Hywel Dda University Health Board

Powys Teaching Health Board



If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner for Wales
2nd Floor
Churchill House
Churchill Way
CF10 2HH

Telephone: 029 2067 8400