Skip to main content

FOI 2023 199 - Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy locums


Information Requested:

Please can you provide me with the Information below? 


1. Who is the head of procurement responsible for approving agency usage for Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy locums? 


2. Who are the managers responsible for agency usage (on and off framework) for the following departments at all hospitals associated with the Trust: 

(a) Physiotherapy  

(b) Occupational Therapy  


3. Please can you provide the contact number and email addresses for the managers listed in relation to question 1 and 2. 


4.. How much was your Framework agency spend for each of the following staff groups since January 2023 – present? 

(a) Physiotherapy  

(b) Occupational Therapy  


5. Please provide the names of the agencies currently used by the Trust to supply Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists – please include the % of shifts filled by each agency since January 2023. 


6. Do you use a direct engagement model to facilitate locum placements for Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists, if so, which one? 


7: What is the highest rate paid for Band 6 Physiotherapists and Band 6 Occupational Therapists since January 2023? 


Information provided for the answer:

Thank you for your request dated 4th December 2023. 


Public Health Wales does not employ any Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy locums/staff.  


Public Health Wales is the public health service for Wales and as such is an independent NHS Trust who does not provided these types of services. Therefore, does not hold this information. As an organisation we have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and other NHS Wales organisations and frequently do not have access to the data that they produce.   


I have provided contact details for each Health Board below, you would need to contact them individually for the information they hold.  


Aneurin Bevan University Health Board  


Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board 


Cardiff and Vale University Health Board   


Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board 


Swansea Bay University Health Board  


Hywel Dda University Health Board  


Powys Teaching Health Board 


I am very sorry we cannot help on this occasion. 


If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner for Wales
2nd Floor
Churchill House
Churchill Way
CF10 2HH

Telephone: 029 2067 8400