Re: NHS waiting times for tongue-tie division
I write in relation to the length of time families are waiting for their babies with tongue-tie to have the tongue-tie division procedure under the NHS.
Please can you provide a breakdown for each hospital trust in Wales, for the calendar years 2021 and 2022, addressing the following questions:
- How many babies were diagnosed with a tongue-tie?
- How many babies required the tongue-tie division procedure?
- How many babies received the tongue-tie division procedure?
- What was the average waiting time for babies with tongue-tie to receive the tongue-tie division procedure?
- What is the current waiting time for babies to receive the tongue-tie division?
- How many babies currently have the tongue-tie diagnosis?
- How many babies are currently on the waiting list to receive the tongue-tie division?
Thank you for your recent request dated 20th September 2023.
Public Health Wales does not hold this information.
Public Health Wales is the public health service for Wales and as such is an independent NHS Trust. Therefore, do not have access to this information. As an organisation we have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and frequently do not have access to the data that they produce.
I have provided contact details for each Health Board below, you would need to contact them individually for this information.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
Swansea Bay University Health Board
Hywel Dda University Health Board
Powys Teaching Health Board
I am very sorry we cannot help you on this occasion.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner for Wales
Telephone: 029 2067 8400