Skip to main content


Information Requested:

Can you please provide me with the below information?
1.(a) Who is the head of procurement at Public Health Wales , Cardiff responsible for approving Nursing agency usage?
(b) Secondly, who is the temporary / flexible staffing lead responsible for the management of this service at Public Health Wales , Cardiff?
2. Please can you provide the contact number and email address in relation to both question 1 (a) and (b)
3. Have you used Off-framework nursing agency staff in the last 2 months at Public Health Wales , Cardiff?
4. How much was your Off-Framework agency spend for each of the following staff groups between January 2022 – April 2022 (a) RGN’s (b) Chemotherapy Nurses (c) RMN (d) Specialist RN (ITU) (e) Specialist RN (A&E) (f) Community Psychiatric nurse
5. Following the same breakdown of staff groups in Question 4, how many Off-framework shifts have been unfilled between April 2023 – July 2023?


Information provided for the answer:

Thank you for your recent request dated 1st August 2023?

The best contact information for the recruitment of Agency Nurses and temporary/ flexible staffing a will be:

029 2022 7744

Public Health Wales have not used Off-framework nursing agency staff in the last two months.

The specific roles are not held in relation to the agency spend, they are recorded by area of the organisation. Therefore, we are unable to provide this information for the specific staff groups.

Please note that this information is for Public Health Wales only. Public Health Wales is the public health service for Wales and as such is an independent NHS Trust. Therefore, do not have access to this information. As an organisation we have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and frequently do not have access to the data that they produce.


I have provided contact details for each Health Board below. If you require this information for all the NHS Wales Trusts you would need to contact them individually for this information.


Aneurin Bevan University Health Board

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board

Cardiff and Vale University Health Board

Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board

Swansea Bay University Health Board

Hywel Dda University Health Board

Powys Teaching Health Board




If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner for Wales
2nd Floor
Churchill House
Churchill Way
CF10 2HH

Telephone: 029 2067 8400