1. How many people were placed on ventilators in 2018: and how many survived.
2. How many people were placed on ventilators in 2019: and how many survived.
3. How many people were placed on ventilators in 2020: and how many survived.
4. How many people were placed on ventilators in 2021 and how many survived.
5. How many people were placed on ventilators in 2022: and how many survived.
Thank you for your recent request dated 3rd January 2023.
Public Health Wales do not hold this data, it is important to note that Public Health Wales is the public health service for Wales and as such is an independent NHS Trust. This is NOT the same as NHS Wales. As an organisation we have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and frequently do not have access to the data that they produce.
I have provided contact details for each Health Board below, I suggest you contact them for the information you require.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
Swansea Bay University Health Board
Hywel Dda University Health Board
Powys Teaching Health Board
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner for Wales
Telephone: 029 2067 8400