Skip to main content

Support forIndividuals Currently in Employment

You could get support from one or more schemes if you:

  • have a job and are ill or self-isolating
  • have been working less hours or on a zero hours contract
  • are taking unpaid leave
  • are at risk of redundancy
Universal credit

If your pay has been reduced, this monthly payment could help you pay your rent, mortgage and bills. If your rent or mortgage is due or you have missed payments, you can apply for up to a 100% re-payable advance. This means you do not have to wait for the usual 5 weeks before receiving your first payment.

Check if you're eligible for Universal Credit on GOV.UK.

‘New style’ Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

This is a fortnightly payment if you are ill, have a health condition or a disability that limits your ability to work.

Information on ESA including how to make a claim is on GOV.UK.

‘New style’ Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)

If you work less than 16 hours a week but want to work more hours.

More information on eligibility and how to apply is on GOV.UK.

Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)

If you are ill or are self-isolating because of the coronavirus pandemic.

You can find information about Statutory Sick Pay, including eligibility and how to claim on GOV.UK.

Advice and support to get in to work

As part of Welsh Governments COVID commitment, anyone over 16 has access to free advice and support to find employment, education or training.

The Working Wales website offers advice and guidance. If you are looking for work, or are at risk of redundancy.