Families with additional needs
- Relate Cymru provides advice and support for families or individuals in need of relationship advice
- Care for the Family offers a wealth of support services to families including bereavement counselling, marriage and parental support.
- In addition to advice and support for parents, the Children’ Commissioner for Wales’ website also includes an information hub with activities for children, care advice and advice for children and young people.
- If your child has special educational needs or disabilities, SNAP Cymru can provide parental support and advice.
- ASD info Wales can provide support for those working with families, adults and children who have ASD, while AP Cymru provides a lifeline for families of children with Autism.
- Stepping stones provide great advice and support for children’s care homes in the UK. they are also providing a hotline and email service for parents.
- Flourishing Families Provides counselling and education services to families across the UK.
- For support, advice and tips for maintaining relationships, FAQs and the rules for contact arrangements visit Gingerbread UK.
- Both Only Mums and Only Dads provide the latest government guidance and offer mediation services as well as an online chat facility.
- Similarly singleparents.org.uk provide information and services to single parent families. They are also offering a daily zoom forum to share tips and advice from other single parents.
- In addition to their hotline number, Childline are offering guidance and advice on coping with anxiety, school closures and lockdown. They are also providing a support network for young people with mental health issues. On their website you can find learning resources, exercises and mindfulness techniques.
- Action for Children are providing daily online activities as well as online help for parents and guidance on COVID-19.
- For children and young people experiencing mental health issues, Hideout provides a safe space to talk online, acting as a virtual refuge.
- Meic Cymru are providing free online activities and also calming tips during COVID-19. You can contact them for free by phone, text and or via the chat function on the website.
- For advice on how to talk to children about COVID19 visits NSPCC. They’re also running their usual support service in addition to providing help and guidance for COVID-19.
- Age Cymru is offering a check-in-and-chat telephone service for the over 70s (could be useful for all ages) in Wales who live alone – the initiative helps to provide some reassurances to older people, answer basic queries and link people to local services and support during the Coronavirus outbreak.
- The Older People’s Commissioner for Wales’ website includes a variety of information advice and guidance for older people in Wales.