Skip to main content

FOI 972 - Procurement for Radiography


Information Requested:

1. Who is the head of procurement responsible for approving agency usage for the Radiography Department at your trust?
2. Who is responsible for agency usage (on and off framework) in the Radiography department at all hospitals associated with the Trust: 
3. Please can you provide the contact number and email address for the manager(s) in questions 1 and 2.
4. Have you used off-framework agency staff between March 2021 - March 2022 in Radiography?
5. How much was your Off-Framework agency spend for Radiography between August 2021 and August 2022?


Information provided for the answer:

Thank you for your recent request dated 18th August 2022.  
All procurement for Health Boards/Trusts within NHS Wales is managed by NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership and they may hold the data you require.  For  your convenience I have provided the link: 
Public Health Wales provide a radiography service and have not used agency staff for this service. 
It is important to note that Public Health Wales is the public health service for Wales and as such is an independent NHS Trust. This is not the same as NHS Wales. As an organisation we have no jurisdiction over the activities of Health Boards and frequently do not have access to the data that they produce or their recruitment processes. 

Under our duty to advise and assist, I have provided contact details for each Health Board below. 

Aneurin Bevan University Health Board 
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board 
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board 
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
Swansea Bay University Health Board 
Hywel Dda University Health Board  
Powys Teaching Health Board 

If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the decision, you should write to the Corporate Complaints Manager, Public Health Wales NHS Trust, 3, Number 2, Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint or review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Trust. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner for Wales
2nd Floor
Churchill House
Churchill Way
CF10 2HH

Telephone: 029 2067 8400