Public Health Wales Screening Division are offering free training on the NHS Screening programmes in Wales.
Who is the training for?
This training is for key people who work and/or have an active role promoting health and wellbeing at a community level or within the workplace.
This training will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Raise awareness of screening within your community and / or workplace
- Provide peer support within your community networks
- Communicate screening information in a way that works for your community
- Have open conversations about screening with the people you support
- Support and signpost to resources in accessible formats
- Take part in engagement opportunities to improve screening services.
What will I learn from the training?
There are three modules available which are delivered via Microsoft Teams (MST). The modules will be delivered in Welsh and English. We recommend that you complete the ‘Introduction to Screening’ module first.
Module One - Introduction to Screening (1 hour)
This module will provide you with an understanding of:
- NHS screening in Wales.
- Why people may or may not take part in screening when invited.
- How we can overcome barriers to screening.
- The available resources.
Module Two - Screening Programmes (1 hour)
This module will focus on Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and Diabetic Eye Screening.
Module Three - Cancer Screening Programmes (1 hour)
This module will focus on Cervical, Breast and Bowel screening.
Modules two and three will cover:
- Who is eligible for screening.
- What tests are offered.
- What will happen when you take part.
- What resources are available.
- What you can do to raise awareness in your community.
If you would like to book a place or find out more please email: firstname.lastname@example.org