Edenred Childcare Vouchers

What to do if you’re in receipt of these vouchers

If you’re a member of the Edenred Childcare Voucher Scheme and not currently able to use your vouchers, please remember that they will not be lost and you can ‘bank’ the vouchers for use at a later date.

Vouchers can be used to pay for the care of children up to the age of 15 or 16 if they are disabled, including:

  • Home-based care such as childminders and nannies

  • Pre-school care such as nursery schools, playschools and crèches

  • Care for older children such as out of school clubs (breakfast clubs, after school clubs including activities, homework clubs and boarding, and holiday clubs)

Can I reduce my vouchers?

Yes, you can reduce the monthly figure at any time and still maintain membership of the Scheme. If you choose to leave the scheme, you will not be able to re-enter the Scheme at a later date as the Edenred Scheme has been closed to new entrants since October 2018.

The Childcare Voucher Scheme is an agreement with you and Edenred, so you will need to log into your Edenred account to make the change.

Login to Edenred here

If you make a change to your vouchers on your Edenred account before the last working day of the month the change will then take effect the following month.

Further help

Further information on the Edenred Childcare Voucher Scheme can be found on the Public Health Wales Benefits for Staff webpage.

The Edenred webpage also has plenty of useful information and Childcare Vouchers FAQs

If you can’t find the information you need on the Edenred webpage, then please contact peoplesupport.phw@wales.nhs.uk