Creating a “Joy Jar” may help you with some of these feelings and will be something to look forward to.
The things you add to the jar can be big or small - something you are looking forward to doing, something you know you enjoy and love.
Follow these simple steps:
- Find a jar at home, decorate it with stickers or paint it, and make a little hole in the lid.
- When you feel you are missing something or think of something you really want to do, grab a scrap of paper and write your thought down.
- Post it in the jar.
- Commit to doing each idea and really enjoying it, once you are able to.
Don’t know where to start? Here are some examples:
- Build sandcastles on the beach with my children
- Go to my favourite pub and have a drink with my best friends
- Take my grandson to feed the ducks