People falling into this extremely vulnerable should have received a letter from Welsh Government and include:
- Solid organ transplant recipients
- People with specific cancers (see link below)
- People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD
- People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell)
- People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
- Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
For more information about the extremely vulnerable category please see the Welsh Government guidance.