If you have been told you are in the group of people who need to shield during the COVID19 pandemic it is extremely important you get your flu vaccine this year.
If any of the following apply to you, you are at increased risk of complications from flu even if you feel healthy, and it’s important you have a flu vaccine:
- A heart problem
- A chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including asthma that requires regular steroid inhalers or tablets
- Kidney disease (from stage 3)
- Lowered immunity due to disease or treatment
- Liver disease
- Had a stroke or mini stroke
- A neurological condition
- A problem with your spleen
- Higher body fat (Body Mass Index of 40 or above- adults only)
- Lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (and also close contacts of people in this group)
Adults in these groups can get their flu vaccine at their GP surgery, or via a community pharmacy.